Fun activity #1 - Virtual Travel
Current restrictions can't be allowed to daunt the spirit of adventure! Here are some fun map-themed activities...
1. Go virtual field tripping across the globe with live video links and virtual tours. Explore the National Aquarium or check out the Panda Cam at Zoo Atlanta. For more virtual field trip ideas check out weareteeachers.com.
2. Grab a map or atlas from Stanfords and go on an atlas scavenger hunt with Teaching Ideas. Add in a game of catch too with an inflatable globe - whoever catches the ball gets to answer a country-themed question.
3. Explore the world through your taste buds with My World Kitchen, packed full of facts about the country from which the food originates - then get the children to cook their own treats using the recipes here.
4. Get flag crazy with Maple Leaf Learning. Research all the different flags - then put your crafting skills to the test; see if you can re-create them freehand or download color-in printables here.
5. And finally, fine-tune your geography knowledge with interactive World Geography Games - test your knowledge of everything from capital cities to continents, seas and rivers.